Sunday 13 October 2013

Storage Sunday: Make-up

Hey Everyone,

I've decided it may be nice to start a little series on my blog. Every Sunday for a while, not sure how long but at least 6 weeks I'm going to show you how I store all my beauty products. This Sunday marks the first post and it's on my everyday make-up.

In my bedroom I have a dressing table with a huge mirror which my Dad built when he did my room. For the make-up which I use the most I tend to keep on top so I can easily access it and also remember what I've got.


I store my make-up in these wicker baskets I bought from Robert Dyas for about £2.99ish. They are separated into my face products including: cleanser, toner, moisturiser, primer, foundation, concealer, powder, bronzer, blush and highlight. Then the second basket has lips and eyes so all my eyeliners, lip colours, lip balms, eyelash curlers, small brushes etc. Outside the baskets I just have a jar of cotton wall and my bigger brushes (mostly Real Techniques) all perched in the RT core collection holder.






These baskets are pretty full for my 'everyday' make-up claim but some of the products I feel if I put away in a draw I'll forget about them, then when I find them again I get annoyed with myself for forgetting about them (does anyone else get this? haha). So I just leave it all on top. I must say my favourite things to use and worth a brief mention are my Primark eyelash curlers, they cost me £1 and I use them everyday, such a good buy. The second thing to mention is I only have one mascara which is the Maybelline Falsies, I've been using this for years and love it so never really bother trying new ones. 


My face products worth a mention are the Maybelline dream satin foundation, I have used this foundation ever since I started wearing foundation so a good 6 pushing on 7 years. Now that's a commitment to one product. Although these days I'm not enjoying it as much so I've bought the Maybelline 24 hour stay to try out and see if it's time to part ways from my trusty foundation. Another mention is to the Natural Collection blushes.. I love them. I think I love them so much because their not overly pigmented as I tend to go a bit blush crazy sometimes, so they work for me. 

So that is where I store my most used make-up, if anyone wants me to really go through whats in the baskets then leave a comment and I'll be happy to post that on the next rainy day :). I hope you've enjoyed this post and I would love to see how other people store their everyday make-up!  



No comments :

Post a Comment