Monday 25 November 2013

Graduation!

Hey Guys,

As the title suggests this is about my graduation. On Thursday 21st November I had my graduation ceremony in Southampton where I graduated with a 2:1 in Advertising. It was an absolute manic few days but it was truly amazing. Along with graduation I was spoilt with gifts by my parents and best friend as well as being quite overwhelmed with the amount of people who wanted to celebrate with me. My brother also purposely came back from Oz for the ceremony which absolutely made my day. Then to top off an amazing day and night with my closest friends and family I got a call Friday where I was offered a job in a Digital Marketing Agency. It took a long while to process all that happened which is why it's Monday and I'm only just posting this haha. Here's a few snaps from the day..





I don't want to babble on about my university experience (unless you want me to) but if you have any questions feel free to comment or email me. Although I just want to say a few words on why this was such an achievement for me.  

University you learn so much about yourself, you change and you grow. I changed quite a lot from college to uni, at the start I was very hostile, emotional and a very negative person. Although after four years living with different types of people, having responsibilities as well as freedom it really does develop you as a person. I won’t go into it too much but after dealing with a lot emotionally and high levels of anxiety I have changed my perspective on things. I now look for what good can come out of something bad and how could I do things differently to avoid negative situations. 

University was something when younger seemed completely out of reach for me as I wasn't very academic, I was always told through school and college that I would struggle. Although my determination to succeed and for a career got me through. I was never someone who knew what they wanted to do with life but after going to university and studying photography for a year, I realised what was actually available to me which led me to advertising. I've always loved adverts and loved seeing why they work and how they work. The lecturers where amazing at Southampton solent and were always bending over backwards to help you. They have helped me find something I'm truly passionate about and filled me the knowledge in able to have a career. I'm so excited to get into the industry and although Southampton Solent University doesn't have the best reputation it has inspired me and made me realise that with hard work and determination you can achieve anything.  

I understand university isn't for everyone but don't let anybody tell you you can't do something. If it's something you are truly passionate about, stay focused and keep going, you can do it. University has been the making of me. I found out who my real friends are as well as meeting some of the best. Although cliche I know who I am now and who I want to be, it is an experience I will never forget and will treasure for the rest of my life. This blog post marks the end of my university chapter and the start of something new.   

Ok so I definitely babbled on a bit..opps. I hope you've enjoyed reading this and didn't get too bored! If you want me to talk about my uni experience more, show you what I got given and about my knew job then leave me a comment and I'l be happy to write about it :). Until next time...


4 comments :

  1. CONGRATS on graduating! I loved University, really helped shape me as a person :)
    Hannah | twoforjoy | xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah I loved it, feels so long ago already though haha! xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! Its so nice that your brother came back to see you and that you spent the day with your family! Your photos are lovely and I agree we should always do what we want to do in life. Lovely post!
    -Charlotte
    http://incharlottesshoes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was over the moon that he was there! Xx

      Delete