Sunday 1 December 2013

The Christmas Tag!

Hello December 1st! This morning I was very happily greeted by my first beauty advent calendar. I am so excited for this. It's the Boots version which I love because it means you get a variety of goodies not just one brand. The annoying thing is theres a list on the back of what it contains so after seeing one I flipped it back over, not wanting to ruin the surprise. Door one contained a travel size Soap&Glory Clean, Girls body wash. So far so good. What I'm going to do is Instagram what I get each day and probably do a round up at the end of the week so for any one who's interested can see what's behind each door. 



 Back to the title of this post. Whilst browsing Bloglovin on a Sunday morning, as you do, I saw this tag done by the amazing Georgina over at Makeup-Pixi3 (I love her blog way too much). With the Christmas countdown starting I thought it was only appropriate to get me into the festive mood. Lets go! 

1.  Do you prefer a real Christmas tree or synthetic?
Always always real! On the first weekend of December every year my dad and I would go pick out a tree, bring it home, decorate, finishing the day with a Chinese take-away. Sorted. I also love the smell and you just cannot beat a real tree! 

2.  You're in a coffee shop, it's December, what do you pick?
It has always been a Hazelnut latte for me, every time, but recently I've been venturing out and quite liking gingerbread lattes. Anyone got any other good suggestions for me to try? 

My tree last year.
3.  Whats your favourite colour scheme for decorating the tree?
In my family it's either red, green and gold or blue, pinks and silver (my parents get a bit OCD about the tree). My favourite though is red and gold but I do like multicoloured lights and glitter. 

4.  Giving or receiving?
I've always been a present giving, even going to the extent of making up why I have presents for people throughout the year. I like thinking through what I'm going to buy and always end up more excited than them about the present haha. Although I love receiving a good thoughtful surprise present, there the best kind. 

5.  To mince pie or not to?
You can't go wrong with a homemade mince pie. 

6.  What's your traditional sunday lunch?
Turkey with all the trimming including the sprouts! I've taking over the cooking of the Christmas dinner in the last year and I don't cut corners, my family never have. My dad makes the world's best homemade stuffing though, my friend comes to my house just for the stuffing. 


7.  Christmas day fashion
Christmas morning is PJ's (normally ones I've been given xmas eve) then once presents are opened I tend to change and go for smart but comfy although last year I embraced the xmas jumper! 

8.  What's your favourite Christmas song?
I'm sorry to say I'm not a big xmas song fan but I do love me a bit of The Pogues 'FairyTale of New York'. 

9.  What's your favourite Christmas film?
Mine is a short film and a kids film at that. It used to be on at about 6am in the morning Christmas day but it's now moved to a more normal time of about 9/10am, it's like they knew I grew up so changed the timing haha. Anyways it's called Lost and Found, originally a book, but it's about a penguin who gets lost so this little boy helps him get back home. It's so cute I love it. 


10.  Open presents before or after lunch?
Before, pretty much as soon as we wake up. 

That's it for my 2013 Christmas Tag, I'm totally in the Christmas spirt now and I hope you are to! Now you've read my answers go check Georgina out here and then tag your it go do your own and pass the Xmas cheer around, go on dare ya. 

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram for my beauty calendar updates or Bloglovin' for a weekly round up on here, as well as my normal postings/ ramblings



4 comments :

  1. So jealous you have the boots advent calender! I really wanted one but they were sold out just about everywhere!
    xxxx

    www.salted-roses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so annoying it was sold out! The body shop one looks pretty good too. So far the calender hasn't disappointed but i'll post on sat/sun what I've got so far! xx

      Delete
  2. I too wanted the Boots calendar, have to try and get it next year! Looking forward to seeing what's inside :)

    Alice ¦ BeautyByAlicee ¦ YouTube

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving mine so far but I'll be posting sat/sun what I've got so far :) xx

      Delete