Thursday 30 January 2014

Review Thursday: Lush Shampoo Bar

Hey Guys,

I can't believe it's Thursday again! They come and go so quick. Todays review is going to be about the Lush Shampoo Bar. Now I bought this for my friend for Christmas and really wanted it for myself, so then much to my surprise I received this off my other friend! Yay.

Now Lush describes the bar as:
"A solid bar with cinnamon, clove and nettle to stimulate and reset your hair to its former glory. We've jammed this unpreserved, unpackaged shampoo bar with as many stimulating ingredients as we can find to get the blood flowing, balance the scalp, and boost hair growth."

If you don't like cinnamon this definitely isn't for you because the smell is strong and it lingers in your hair, if like me, you don't use much conditioner the smell stays put. I personally like cinnamon so I quite like the spicy scent.


When I first saw this I found the concept of essentially using a bar of soap on your hair as shampoo very odd, however when using this it's not as strange as you'd think. You can either lather it up in your hands and then apply it to the roots or wet it and rub straight onto your hair. I find just lathering it up in my hands does the trick fine. It lathers up really well and easy to distribute all over the hair just like a liquid shampoo.

Theres also no tingle to the scalp, which I thought there may be as it's suppose to stimulate the roots, but I'm quite glad theres not.

What does the shampoo actually do? Yes it cleans the hair leaving no residue, so it does the shampoo job, but does it do what it claims? Now my hair grows fairly quick using normal shampoo but I really do feel like this has accelerated my hair growth. I've also noticed that after use my hair feels thicker and more lively, even with naturally thick hair this product make it's feel healthier. However the one thing I have noticed is it leaves my hair feeling a little dry but because I use a leave in conditioner after washing the moisture locks back in.

I wash my hair every other day so I only use this product once or twice a week because I also use purple shampoo before going out on the weekends.

The only downfall I can think of is when it comes to storing this product in between washes it is a little tricky. I found you can't leave it in the shower because the product will just wash away and you can't put it into a air tight container because the outside dries into a thick gel..its strange. So I've found a old conditioner mask pot which has a flip lid so I can protect it from running water but not keep it air tight.

Anyways thats about it for my review, I hope it was useful. I really like this product and would definitely recommend it. Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' for updates and come back at the weekend for the next instalment of the #2014bloggerchallenge!

6 comments :

  1. Hello! I really like your blog so I decided to nominate you for the Liebster Award, If you need to know anymore information heres the link.. http://millagee.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/liebster-award.html Sorry if you have been nominated already! :) x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been curious to try one of these! I think you can buy pots specifically for the shampoo's from Lush for maybe about £3? But I've heard even they aren't perfect so you might be better off with what you have already.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh really I've never seen or heard of the pots. I may try one when I finish my bar! xx

      Delete
  3. I've never tried bar shampoo but you made me curious about it I'll try it when I'll have a chance :)

    -auré xoxo
    http://aurelie-hispter.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete