Thursday 6 February 2014

Review Thursday: Bourjois Blush Exclusif

Hey Guys,

Today I am going to review a blusher, this blusher is a stable in my everyday makeup bag for the last few months and I thought it was worth a mention, this blush is the Blush Exclusif by Bourjois. It retails at £7.99 and you can find it here.


The blush itself contains pH reactive pigments and is suppose to adjust to the perfect blush for your skin tone. A self adjusting blusher I hear you say? now that is something I had to try!

The tin itself has very little information about the product so after a bit of research online I instantly had a few queries. 1. Would the colour adjust differently from wearing foundation to bare skin and 2. Wouldn't the pH in the air effect the colour in the pot?.

As you can see from the image above the top of my blusher has reacted to the pH in the air, so when you scratch away the top surface it's white.
The formula itself is a cream to powder texture with a fairly matte finish. Although its not incredibly cream like some blushes can be, it's quite a dry cream, if you know what I mean. As it's not a wet creamy consistency I find it lasts for ages on the skin and stays in place all day.


I apply mine with the Real Techniques Blush Brush and finds it applies really easily and it's super blend-able, which is good because as it does adjust to your skin you don't want to risk putting too much on. The swatch below shows how the colour can change from my hand to my finger tips and how on my fingers it's a really deep fuchsia however on my hand it's more what I would call soft Barbie Pink.


The bottom line is I really like this blusher and I love wearing it on a daily basis for a fresh natural flush to the cheeks. It's especially good because I'm quite fair so most blushes can be a bit bright. I would definitely suggest this to anyone who may be in school and can't wear too much make-up or someone who may struggle to find the perfect blush!

I hope you've enjoyed this post, I've also uploaded a picture of me wearing this blush on my Instagram here (see me). I'd like to just quickly thank everyone who's followed me or read my blog I've hit over 150 followers and omg it's amazing! so thank you thank you thank you!

Don't forget to come back Monday for the next post on my weight loss journey where I'll be talking about what food I eat! If you've missed the previous posts you can catch up here: Part 1: Part 2.




2 comments :

  1. Ooh what a pretty colour, I've not seen these before!
    Alice | Blog | YouTube | xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth a try! I found it quite hard to hunt down in shops though. xx

      Delete