Thursday 13 February 2014

Review Thursday: OPI Top This

Hey Guys,

Today I am going to give a review of this OPI collection I got for Christmas, my mum bought me this and I believe she bought it from TKMax, but I think I've seen it on nailpolishdirect too.
Anyways in the pack you get three full size OPI top coats, one normal glossy one, a glittery top coat called 'Snowflakes In The Air' and finally the one I've been lusting over for so long, a matte top coat.


This little set is so perfect as it holds my top three favourite nail effects. I love doing my nails, even though I have acrylics, I end up repainting every week because I enjoy it so much. I like to get quite inventive with my nails and end up going for the forth finger different colour/glitter effect. I'm a lover of bright pinks and oranges or masses of glitter, I'm a big glitter fan.

I've always wanted to buy a decent top coat, because I find drugstore ones never do a great job. However the price tag of one OPI top coat scares me a little so I just end up making do. I'm so happy I received this one and I've loved using it ever since. The bush is long and medium thickness which makes application really quick and easy, making any polish instantly glossy and protected.


Next up the glittery 'Snowflakes in the Air' is very a pretty silver based glitter with a holographic light hitting effect. The glitter itself is a mix of medium to fine glitter pieces although the polish is packed full of them. I haven't used this just yet because I also got a mini Mavala glitter in my Boots beauty advent, so I've been using that. However on the image below I've painted it on a nail reel on top of a white so you can really see the effect. The glitter itself when it hits the light is so pretty and I got this coverage in two coats. Although I personally tend to go for a higher coverage of glitter but I'm quite liking the glitter on white if I'm honest.


Finally my most anticipated top coat, the matte one. I've been wanting this for way too long, I'm talking like a year! About a year ago I started to see matte finish nails on Instagram and absolutely loved the idea although when having a look on the internet I couldn't find any for the life of me. I eventually found a few colours on Ebay from China but when they arrived they didn't turn out quite like I wanted. Until Barry M released there Matte finish colours which when I tried I fell in love! (see post here). After I tried these I was like I have to get me a matte top coat because I have so many colours which I'd love to try as a matte finish. When I unwrapped this on Christmas Day and I was so happy, I couldn't believe my mum even remembered I wanted it.


The application is as easy as a normal glossy top coat, with the brush easy to use and comfortable to hold. On application it comes out as a liquid and almost like a normal top coat until it dries and it's completely matte. I love the finish it gives and the durability is so long, although this could be because I have acrylics and they don't tend to chip. One thing I really love about this top coat is that it makes my nails feel so soft, because sometimes with normal top coats they can feel a bit grippy, this one is so velvety. Below is an image of the matte and normal top coat on top of a black from Barry M.


That's it for review Thursday I hope you've liked this post. If your a nail addict like me then this set is a must have. Although it's just top coats, do not underestimate the power of top coats! I feel they finish the nails off so nicely compared to not wearing any and just make the nails so much smoother. If you do like seeing nail pictures then I'm a regular guilty Instagramer for this you can follow me here. Anyways that's it from me, I'll be back soon :).

2 comments :

  1. This set it lovely. How do you find the OPI top coat? Does your nail polish still chip as quickly? I'm using the Seche Vite at the moment, but my nail polish just keeps peeling off.
    Laura x | Life and Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the top coat goes on really nicely although because I have acrylics they don't tend to chip but I have noticed the tips have worn off quicker than usual. xx

      Delete